Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I bet the Norwegians are rewriting a few Swedish jokes

Stockholm made international news today due to a daring heist at a "cash depot" involving explosives and a helicopter. The story spread by CNN makes the Swedish police look fairly incompetent, much more so than the story published in local news, but it's a big headline that sounds like something out of a movie, so I thought I'd share. It really is kind of funny, just how easily the police were knocked out of the equation.

Also funny how the follow-up story isn't about catching the robbers, but rather the worry about how Swedes will get cash from the ATM on payday (even though financial transactions in this country are 99.95% electronic).
Oh these Swedes, they love their stability and security.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe the police should stop employing 'bearded gnomes' or 'statuesque pleasure creatures' from Sweden.

Yes, I still check this on the outside chance something new comes up.... and I was rewarded!