Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"Cool American" flavor

Whatever happened to plain 'ol Cool Ranch?

In other observations from the grocery store: No Kraft Singles (no American cheese, for that matter) or Mac & Cheese. Talk about the blue box blues. And you should see the price of Mountain Dew (sold only by the can)...we haven't become quite that desperate for a fix yet.

Scott's been busy posting this past week, but as for me, I've been busy collecting a lot of plastic for my wallet:

1) Joined the gym - Acquired my sleek black SATS membership card.
2) Joined the library - Received the official red Bibliotek card.
3) Joined the bank - Added a beautiful Mr. Visa card to the mix.
4) Tried to join the country - Denied a Swedish I.D. card because the correct forms were not in stock at either of the two Handelsbanken locations we visited. This was especially irritating because we had Scott's supervisor along with us to vouch for our identities. Grr.

Speaking of hiccups in the system, I'm happy to report that my transcript finally showed up (although I really did appreciate the offers to help "move things along")! Now we can only wait while the National Admissions Office processes the application, and keep our fingers crossed that this epic drama pans out in the end.

Finally, language lessons (a.m. and p.m.) begin tomorrow. Swenglish, here we come!

5 comments:

P.Striegel said...

Miranda,
Seems to me that you could cut out the "cool American" label on the chips and make your own official I.D. card. Now I can't be the first to have thought of that.

Phil

Stacy said...

Swenglish literally made me laugh out loud...I think, in honor of you and your new literary adventures, I will start using swenglish instead of cool. Good times! :)

Unknown said...

Come to think of it....
I was in Kowalski's last week looking for 'cool ranch' doritos, and all i could find was "cooler ranch." Maybe we can only handle so much cool!!

willikat said...

still haven't heard a word on your updated address should we be sending you materials. :)
i love the cool american chips. hilarious. glad the transcript appeared! Whew!
love ya

Anonymous said...

sounds like things are well! Transcript found, cool American chips...does it get better than that?!?! Oh, that's right, Swenglish learning. Nice!
(I think you've started a new word-fad, how Swenglish of you!)
Hugs!
Ang