I've done my best to approach all new foods with an open mind and an open mouth. The food has rewarded me with some delightful tastes.
Couple quick updates. As most of you know, pepperoni is one of my favorite foods. I honestly despise other pizza toppings not because they taste bad, but because they ruin the taste of plain pepperoni.
Well, now I actually enjoy pizzas with multiple toppings. One pizza I enjoyed had shrimp on it, and a stranger pizza (still good except for one topping) had a lightly poached egg in the middle. We weren't sure if we were reading the menu correctly when we ordered that one, but sure enough, the cook cracked an egg and dropped it on the center of the pizza before throwing it in the oven.
We ate at Pizza Hut yesterday to enjoy their lunch buffet. Wednesdays are Pepperoni Lovers' day (good place for the ladies to meet large quantities of single men it seemed). When we got there they only had some sort of combo pizza on the buffet, so I took that while waiting for a pepperoni pizza to arrive. I'm ashamed to say this, but after a few pieces of pepperoni I was given the choice of the combo or the pepperoni, and I chose another combo.
Miranda has also been taking advantage of my lack of culinary defenses. She decided to make broccoli quiche last night. I think I swore off quiche the first time I saw it, and it still doesn't strike me as visually or aromatically appealing, but it was actually quite good.
Anyway, lesson to be learned from my rants is that I'm either growing into a non-picky adult, or the food is just that much better here in Sweden. I'll get the opinions of all of our visitors (once they start to arrive) and post their opinions with time.
1 comment:
omg. i love pizza hut, and im glad you have one, too. in paraguay, they have all you can eat lunches for three dollars!! ridiculous.
hope youre doing well!!
Post a Comment